Welcome! I view this blog as an extension of our community conversation...an electronic meeting house that complements our real-time Meetinghouse encounter at The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville.

It's also a way to turn the one-way communication from the pulpit into a two-way conversation about the Word of God, and how it speaks to us here and now.

If you wish to join the conversation, all you need to do is a quick signup through Blogger, if you don't already have an account. I do ask that those commenting make known their identity - I believe that makes for a richer and healthier conversation.

Jeff Vamos, Pastor
The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The pope agrees with me?

As a response to my sermon last week, a church member forwarded to me Beliefnet's daily joke (http://www.beliefnet.com/dailyjoke/DailyJoke.aspx?QID=3621). Though I usually delete without reading the joke emails that people send to me, I'm thinking of subscribing to this. I've often found myself on Beliefnet, a wonderful website, full of wisdom from many religious traditions.

Anyway...in doing a little research on that site (since, hey, I was already there...ah, the mind of a procrastinator at work), I discovered this little homily written by Joseph Ratzinger, the man who would be pope.

Check it out: 
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/214/story_21486_1.html

Live into hope!


Jeff V.

No comments: